Statistics that illustrate the problems of children’s health that we seek to address:
- More than a quarter (26%) of children in Sacramento County are not considered to be in “very good” or “excellent” health.
- About 4% of Sacramento County children are uninsured.
- About 5% of children with asthma in Sacramento County require emergency room care.
- About a third (32%) of all Sacramento County middle and high school students are considered at risk for depression.
- More than 29% of children in Sacramento County are in an unhealthy weight zone.
- Nine out of every 10 schools in Sacramento County have no school nurse or health center.