Statistics that illustrate the problems of education and school attendance we seek to address:
- In South Sacramento, two of five adults (40.5%) aged 25 and up do not have a high school diploma.
- In Sacramento County, 62% of students do not feel connected to their school.
- In Sacramento County, 37% of 4th graders fail to meet English & Language Arts Standards
- 58% of all Sacramento County 8th graders are not enrolled in Algebra
- In Sacramento County, only 12% of white 10th graders fail the CA High School State Exit Exam, while 33% of African American, 29% of Latino, and 18% of Asian American 10th graders failed the same exam.