- Want to make your community safer?
- Are you between the ages of 12-24? Interested in making a difference?
- Want to help celebrate the diversity of our community?
- Want to be part of making employment opportunities for Youth?
- “Be the Change You would like to See” get involved
Sacramento Building Healthy Communities (BHC) wants Youth in the South Sacramento community to help make changes and participate in their community.
How will these Leadership positions have an impact for youth?
Their voice will have a say in the funding of local community projects. Youth will be in charge of making recommendations to South Sacramento BH/Hub on issues relevant to youth. Youth in the Steering Committee will engage in their community and be part of local research on policy and other youth initiatives to help bring change to the South Sacramento Community. They will be trained to be part of the larger committee that over sees the local BHC initiative.
Youth will have a change to grow academically, be engaged in critical thinking activities, learn public speaking, writing and other skills that will boost academic performance, work force preparation, and youth will also have the chance to meet with community organizers, non-profits, and local politicians in order to have hands on training on community work.
Guidelines and eligibility
- Youth should be between ages 12-24
- We want to see diversity that reflects South Sacramento-All ethnic backgrounds, language, age, sexual identities, economic backgrounds, youth in probation, rehabilitation, foster care Youth are all highly encouraged to apply.
- Time Commitments-Minimum of 10 hours a month and on project needed basis.
- 25 signatures from community members (peers, teachers, coaches, etc) will be needed. We will also based application on character and maturity.
- 1 letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, community member.